Tiger Rock Martial Arts Scholars aims to enrich the lives of each of our members through our unique model of martial arts, fitness, academic assistance & skills training. By combining the latest training methods in fitness and the cherished tradition that is martial arts with a strong focus on academic excellence, Tiger Rock Martial Arts Scholars provides every student that comes through our door an experience that cannot be found in any other academy in Northern California. TRMAS strides to prepare students to act as engaged global citizens. Our goal is to have each member of our academy to lead lives enriched by critical thought, creativity and discovery.
The Tiger Rock Team focuses on creating a challenging, yet fun environment that no other martial arts academy can ever replicate. Tiger Rock students enjoy the following benefits:
- We have four specialized programs: Tiger Cubs (preschool age 3-5 year olds), Juniors (5–11 year olds), Youth (11-15 year olds) & Adults (16+).
- Students can start any time and blend into the academy with other beginners,
- Annually qualified instructors are dedicated to excellence and continuing education.
- Students can move forward at their own rate and not as a class unit.
- We train students based upon what they do well; not based on what they do wrong.
We welcome students of all ages and backgrounds to our academy. Whether you are experienced in martial arts or just getting started on the mat, we invite you to come see what Tiger Rock Martial Arts Scholars is all about. TRMAS is unique to any other martial arts academy of it’s kind because we have an extreme focus on education and character development. Mr. Baker and his staff not only stride to be the best on the mat, but they work diligently to ensure their members are well rounded, unique and endowed individuals with limitless potential for excellence and success.
As always, we will see you on the mat!
Benefits of Enrolling in TRMAS
TRMAS offers our members opportunities to develop their potential on and off the mat. Our focus is to help all members to step out into the world as engaged, responsible, competent, and respectful global citizens with an understanding and appreciation that learning is a lifelong experience. TRMAS members understand that the physical skills they acquire through training is for self defense and sport competition only.
- Each TRMAS member is valued as a unique individual and martial artist. TRMAS recognizes that people learn at different rates. Therefore TRMAS’ program is designed so students are free to learn at their own pace, each advancing through our world-class curriculum as he/she is ready, guided by the instructor and an individualized learning plan.
- Beginning at an early age, TRMAS students develop order, coordination, concentration, and independence. Our daily routines support the individual’s ability to think about what one is learning.
- TRMAS members and parents are part of a close, caring community. Mr. Baker and his staff pride themselves on building positive relationships with the greater community while working to strengthen the bond between all members of the TRMAS kinship. This re-creates a family structure. Older students enjoy stature as mentors and role models; younger members feel supported and gain confidence about the challenges ahead. Whether they are challenged on the mat or in the classroom TRMAS members are confident wherever life takes them. TRMAS staff members model respect, loving kindness, and a belief in peaceful conflict resolution.
Given the freedom and support to question, to probe deeply, and to make connections, TRMAS members become confident, enthusiastic, self-directed martial artist. They are able to think critically, work collaboratively, and act boldly in life off the mat—a skill set for the 21st century.
Tiger-Rock Martial Arts Scholars Academic Team
The Tiger-Rock Martial Arts Scholars Academic Team are trained tutors who have worked with students of all ages and abilities. Our goal is to improve our students grades and build self-confidence, organizational skills, and good study habits. Whether your child is struggling academically or just wants to get ahead, we can tailor a tutoring program that will attain results. The objective of our TRMAS Academic Team is to help unlock your child’s true potential and limit the struggles that come with learning. We will provide individualized or group tutoring in a number of academic fundamentals or major subjects.
We understand that no two students learn alike. With subjects ranging from reading and writing to math and science, we can create a tutoring program that provides personalized instruction based on each student’s individual needs. Regardless if they are struggling with poor homework habits or difficulties due to ADHD, at Tiger-Rock Martial Arts Scholars, students will quickly improve their grades and build their confidence. We are dedicated to building academic and emotional success that will last a lifetime.
Learn, Grow, and Succeed at Tiger Rock Martial Arts Scholars
Tiger Rock Martial Arts Scholars welcomes people of all ages and from all walks of life to come improve their character, strength, and personal discipline in the most exciting, challenging and rewarding martial arts program in all of Brentwood, California. Through our innovative martial arts instruction and fitness training that emphasizes what the student does right, Tiger Rock Martial Arts Scholars physically and mentally challenges each student to not only be the best martial artist they can be, but the best person they could be as well. Tiger Rock Martial Arts is more than just your neighborhood karate and taekwondo academy — we are a place that truly aims to change you and your family’s life for the better!